IRC MBIR side-event (by Rosatom)
Topic of the side-event:
"International research cooperation is a backbone for the nuclear energy of the future".
IRC MBIR in brief:
International Research Center (IRC) based on multipurpose fast research reactor MBIR is being set up as a “center of excellence” for the future nuclear research including Generation 4 technologies. Rosatom’s intention is to launch the multilateral research program on the Generation 4, SNFC or other topics, where international cooperation can be beneficial to the scientific community. For more detail on IRC MBIR please visit www.mbir.org.
Technical parameters of the MBIR reactor:
- Upgradeable experimental capabilities: independent loops (3), MTA’s (14), instrumented cells (3), neutron beams (horizontal and vertical channels – 18)
- Neutron flux - 5,3*1015 n*s-1*cm-2
- DPA rate in channel per year – 34+ DPA/year
- Aggregate annual irradiation capability (1350 DPA/l)
- 150 MW(t) heating power, 55 MW electric
- Designed life time 50 years
Date of event: 27 of June 2017
1. Open session on Rosatom vision of the potential research areas at MBIR and current status on the IRC MBIR project. Duration - 150 min.
2. Open session of international reports on the envisioned research programs that have a significant potential to be executed on the MBIR reactor. Duration - 150 min.
3. Closed session (only for the IRC MBIR confirmed Advisory Board members and invitees). Formalization of the Advisory Board, election of the Chairman, discussion of the potential areas of the joint research. Duration - 90 min.
Max number of participants – 50.
Due to the limited number of participants, you have to confirm your participation with the organizers (see contacts below).
For seminar participation please contact:
Alexander Zagornov, Project Manager,
Olga Korchagina, Project coordinator