Program of the side event
"International research cooperation is a backbone for the nuclear energy of the future" (27 of June 2017, Yekaterinburg)
27 June, Tuesday
Venue: International conference on fast reactors and related fuel cycles: next generation nuclear systems for sustainable development (FR17) –
Ekaterinburg-expo, Expo blvd 2, Side-Event Room.
|08:00 – 10:00||Participants registration|
|10:00 – 11:30||Session 1: Russian view on the scientific program on MBIR reactor.
1. IRC MBIR – milestones in 2016 – 2017 and project roadmap.
Speaker: Alexander ZAGORNOV, Rosatom
2. Development of the nuclear research infrastructure with the multipurpose fast research reactor MBIR.
Speaker: Sergey KIVEROV, RIAR
3. Research program on MBIR for justification of the CFC technologies for the two component nuclear energy with fast and thermal reactors.
Speaker: Andrey GULEVICH, Dmitry KLINOV, IPPE
4. Potential capabilities of the BOR-60 and MBIR reactors for the MA transmutation experiments.
Speaker: Yuri NABOISHIKOV, Igor ZHEMKOV, RIAR
5. Requirements and importance of the structural materials mechanical properties research during the radiation process: MBIR tasks.
Speaker: Vyacheslav CHERNOV, VNIINM Bochvara
6. R&D plans for PRORYV project on MBIR reactor.
Speaker: Alexander ZHEREBTSOV, PRORYV
|11:30 – 11:50||Coffee-break|
|11:50 – 13:40||Session 2: R&D for Gen IV technologies development – international experience.
1. FR program in France. Sodium cooled fast reactor ASTRID – experience and perspectives.
Speaker: Nicolas DEVICTOR, CEA
2. Perspective areas of research – experience of Allegro GFR development.
Speaker: Ladislav BELOVSKY, UJV Rez
3. R&D arising in the course of developing a fast reactor - ALFRED project experience.
Speaker: Alessandro ALEMBERTI, Ansaldo Nucleare
4. Fast reactor development in Korea and respective R&D program.
Speaker: Sung-Ho KIM, SFRA/KAERI
5. China development of the fast reactor and research of the relevant fuel and materials.
Speaker: Zhang DONGHUI, CIAE
6. Challenges facing the developers of advanced fast reactors. Practical experience of material testing with the fast research reactor.
Speaker: Pavel HEIZLAR, Terra Power LLC
7. SEALER - small lead cooled reactor overview.
Speaker: Janne WALLENIUS, LeadCold Reactor
Comments, questions, opinions.
|13:40 – 14:30||Lunch, Coffee-break|
|14:30 – 15:30||Session 3 (only for IRC MBIR partners): IRC MBIR Advisory Board Meeting|
|15:30 – 15:50||Coffee-break|
|15:50 – 16:40||Session 4: Current Russian experience and future prospects in the fast reactors’ research area.
1. Research of the BN fuel rods performance limit under transient power conditions.
Speaker: Alexander STAROVEROV, OKBM Afrikantov
2. Challenging objectives in the area of reactor material science faced on the transition to the new nuclear energy technological platform.
Speaker: Anastasia NIKITINA, VNIINM Bochvara
3. Analysis of the technical possibility to continue the irradiation experiments from BOR-60 in MBIR reactor.
Speaker: Alexey IZHUTOV, Igor ZHEMKOV, RIAR
|16:40 – 17:00||Coffee-break|
|20:00 – 23:00||Official IRC MBIR Dinner|